Friday, June 26, 2009

Dolphin Delight

My friend from university is expecting a baby in July.  She's mad about dolphins so wanted to do a dolphin knit for her.  I couldn't find anything dolphin to knit, so designed my own.

It's in 4ply cotton (she's allergic to wool). I thought the dolphin would look better in 4ply. She’s expecting a girl so was going to do a dress, but then went with a cardie in case the scan was wrong. She did say not to go mad with pink. I was aiming for 3-6 months. Elisabeth is just gone 6 months so I think I’ve got the size OK.

It's a fairly simple design cardie as it's my first design with sleeves. I went with droped shoulder sleeves so I wouldn't have to worry about shaping the sleeve tops.

The ribbing is k2p1.

dolphin1

dolphin2

dolphin3

dolphin5

No comments:

Post a Comment