Saturday, June 20, 2009

Will it never end...

Last year my mother bought me 9 balls of Debbie bliss rialto that was on sale.  It was a lovely shade of purple so I said I'd make something for my sisters new baby.  So I knitted a tank top, and still had loads left.  Since my sister liked the top, I knitted a bolero for my nieces first birthday earlier this month.  I still had loads left so I knitted a tanktop for my little one as I thought I didn't have enough for sleeves.  I still have 1 ball left. It is the yarn that will not end.

Here's what I did with it:

Birthday bolero

This is a Sirdar pattern, from the baby bamboo book.  It has cute bobbles around the edge.  They were fiddly, but worth the effort. The colours in these pictures are not a good representation of the yarn colour, the second set of pictures for 'seedling' are closer.

cardie1

cardie3

Seedling

This is my own pattern.  I think I will need to tweak it a bit before writting it up. I'm not happy with the armhole depth or the neckline.

seedling1

seedling3

seedling2

No comments:

Post a Comment